The Town of Southern Shores schedules two (2) bulk waste collections each year.
One in the spring (April) and one in the fall (October). Dates to be announced.
The next scheduled bulk waste collection will be:
~announced a few weeks prior to the event in October: on this website, Town Bi-monthly Newsletter, and the Coastland Times newspaper~
Approved items should be ready for pick-up no later than 5:00 a.m. on the scheduled bulk waste collection day.
Approved Bulk waste CAN include large items such as :
• Mattresses, Sofas, Chairs, Dressers, Furniture, etc.
• Exercise Equipment
• Hot Tub Covers (no Hot Tubs)
• Refrigerators, freezers or any other appliances that may contain refrigerant must be tagged stating Freon has been removed (it not tagged it will not be collected) *please remove doors from refrigerators/freezers for safety
• Yard waste/vegetative debris bagged in clear or brown paper bags – otherwise it will be rejected and not picked up
These materials NOT approved for collection:
- Hot Tubs, Water Heaters
- Basketball Goal Posts
- Untagged refrigerators or any appliances containing a refrigerant
- Hazardous materials such as Paints, Solvents, Chemicals, etc.
- NO Building materials. NO Lumber, Scrap Lumber, Roofing, Doors, Screens, Windows, Stairs, Carpet, Cabinets, Toilets, Pallets or Demolition debris
- Soil, Rocks, Concrete, and Stumps
- Tires, any item(s) containing Gasoline
- NO items produced as a result of a contracted service or business
*Please do not place items for the large item pickup at the roadside until one week before your pickup will be held. If the contractor does not take an item(s) you placed on the roadside, it has been rejected and must be disposed of at your expense. Take pride in your home and respect your neighbors. Please do not leave trash at the roadside expecting it to be picked up.
*Please note that the entire town is picked up in one day. This requires the contractor to work into the very late evening. Please do not call Town Hall the day of pickup about missed pick-up inquires as the contractor is most likely still completing pickup. If a pickup is missed please call the day after scheduled pickup for assistance.
BULK WASTE SPECIAL PICKUP
Call Bay Disposal to inquire about individual Special Bulk Waste pick-ups at 252-491-5105 extension 351.
There is a fee for this service. Payment is taken over the telephone. Please contact Bay Disposal to confirm rates and availability.