NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING ON PROPOSED BEACH NOURISHMENT MUNICIPAL SERVICE DISTRICTS AND THE PROPOSED SERVICES TO BE PROVIDED WITHIN THE MUNICIPAL SERVICE DISTRICT
NOTICE is hereby given that on March 16, 2021 at 5:30 p.m. in the Town Council Meeting Room at the Kern Pitts Center located at 5377 N. Virginia Dare Trail in Southern Shores, NC, the Southern Shores Town Council will hold a public hearing to consider the establishment of two Municipal Service Districts related to the Town of Southern Shores Beach Erosion Control and Flood and Hurricane Protection Works Project. In preparation for this public hearing a report has been prepared, which includes information on the proposed beach nourishment project and the proposed Municipal Service District.
Specifically, the report contains the following:
- Map of the proposed Beach Nourishment Municipal Service District(s);
- Statement regarding the service proposed to be provided within the Municipal Service District; and,
- Plan for providing the proposed service.
A copy of the Beach Nourishment Project Report is available for public inspection at the Administration Building, in the Office of the Town Clerk, 5375 N. Virginia Dare Trail Southern Shores, NC 27949, during normal business hours, 8:30 am – 5:00 pm. It may also be viewed on the Town’s website, www.southernshores-nc.gov.
As a result of this hearing, substantial changes may be made in the report as advertised to reflect objections, debate and discussion at the hearing. Any persons desiring to be heard on any of the proposals as stated above can provide comment:
- Email public comment-subject line MSD to firstname.lastname@example.org new email . Council will receive copies of all emailed comments.
- Watch the meeting live via Zoom and provide public comment at appropriate time.
- Register in advance for this meeting: https://zoom.us/meeting/register/tJcoduGqqTksG9FO-toke6-JRDWakH7fMpnu
- After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meeting.
- Attend public hearing in person (seating in the Pitts Center will be arranged in a manner that complies with social distancing guidelines.)
If you would prefer, the public hearing will be live streamed on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/TownofSouthernShores, public comment is not available using this platform.
Posted this 3rd day of February 2021.
Sheila Kane Town Clerk